2 Oct 2018 by Hazel
Monday October 1st and day one went brilliantly. Woke up and made one of my all time favourite breakfasts of ham, cheese and tomato on toast. Measured every element and used low GI seeded bread. Then I headed out and went for a lovely long walk to the sound of Ludvico Einaudi. So here is what my day looked like.
Food – Breakfast was only 250 calories, Lunch was a pork and veggie wrap which was 378 calories and for dinner I made a sirloin and veggie “paella” which was a derivative of my Beef with Celeriac Noodles and cost me 425 calories.
Exercise – I went for a long walk in which I incorporated the 30 minute speed walk and by the the end of the day I had exceeded my 13000 step count. I also spent time gardening which helped.
I have a number of other challenges in this 6 week period which are:
- To turn my study into a consultancy room.
- To have a good clear out of the garden and conservatory.
- To embark on my training for my new career.
- To keep looking for opportunities to use my skills as a project and programme manager to make an income whilst re-training.
- To rediscover my love of music.
- To work hard at living off a budget so as to stretch the money I have for as long as possible.
- To help as many friends and family as possible with nutritional challenges.
Yesterday saw me visiting our local recycling centre instead of paying for a pick up of the old garden chairs and unused ply board which saved me £70 in pick up fees. So that was a good start on my clear out and budgeting.
I did, however, have to buy a hedge trimmer but hunted for a bargain and got one for £50 which still saw me £20 up on what I would normally have spent.
I listened to Ludvico on my walk which was lovely and last night the email from my course provider arrived so today I shall get myself set up to start my studying.
Work wise I have a few things brewing so we shall see what transpires. All in all an excellent start to my 6 week challenge.